[Users] Gmail again (sigh)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Oct 7 18:45:55 CEST 2017

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 13:11:23 +0100
pete nikolic <pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com> dijo:

>Hi i had this problem found the easiest way to solve the issue was to
>use the IP address instead of the name
>
>had no problems since  maybe a DNS problem realictically not bothered
>Gmail works fine using the IP .

I just switched to the ip addresses and it worked! I'm crossing my
fingers that the solution is permanent. :)

And to the others who replied, I forgot to mention that I use imap for
my university account, but this problem account is pop3. As for ports
and other settings, I am using the Claws Mail defaults.

Thanks to all for the help!