[Users] Users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 24

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at bluehome.net
Mon Nov 27 10:15:42 CET 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 00:26:03 +0100
Jens Petersen <xyzxyz123 at freenet.de> wrote:

> In other words, Quick Search is incapable to search in the most
> important part of the messages: the body. If there was a
> "From/To/Cc/Subject/Tag/Message Body" option that covers all folders
> (not only the currently selected one), I would be happy.

Example of searching by Message Body using extended search.

[b "the body"] searches for "the body" in the message body.
[B "the body"] searches for "the body" in the whole message.

Unquoted it will search for both "the" and "body"

If you start the search at the top level folder or mail box level it
will search all folders below. In the folders were the search term
is found the folder is replaced with magnifying glass

No regular expressions used.

Chris