[Users] messages with no date

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Nov 15 20:45:37 CET 2017

Hi,

I received "LG Customer Inquiry" replies without a date header. Apart
from the sorting by date issue, there's a much more serious issue.
I'm using two MUAs that retrieve the same mails via POP. Evolution does
delete the mails from the POP server after one day, Claws never deletes
the mails. If Evolution retrieves the mails first, the mails without
date header can't be retrieved by claws anymore. The date is already
missing on the ISP's server and this only for "LG Customer Inquiry"
replies, no other mail suffers from this issue.

Actually it wasn't the missing date header why I returned a monitor
from LG and bought a monitor from EIZO. LG was not willing to replace
a brand new monitor with dead pixels, by a monitor without dead pixels,
my dealer did take the monitor back. The LG service was that
idiotic, that I decided to buy a monitor from another vendor. However,
the missing date header fits perfect to the overall package of the
support. I also had a reason to get in contact with the EIZO customer
service. The service was very good.

Regards,
Ralf