[Users] Terminal vim editor in claws - doesn't return edits to claws

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sat Nov 4 21:49:33 CET 2017

On 04 November 2017 at 19h04, flyingrhino wrote:

Hi,

> I created a bash file with the content:
> xfce4-terminal -x vim -f "$@"
> and chmod +x it too.
>
> Now when I go ctrl-shift-x to launch the external editor - vim pops
> up in a terminal ok. However when I go :wq to exit vim - my text is
> gone and the mail is blank.

This is probably because when you already have an xfce4-terminal
instance running, the one Claws launches opens a new window with vim
from the existing instance, then exits immediately. Hence Claws thinks
the edit is finished.

Try with --disable-server:

xfce4-terminal --disable-server -x vim -f ...

--
Colin