[Users] claws qt

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue May 30 16:42:25 CEST 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 15:26:04 +0200
Salvatore De Paolis <iwkse at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> I don't think GNOME is going to provide "support" for QT

GNOME doesn't need to provide support for QT, nor KDE for GTK. They
need only interoperate. This already exists, and all sets of developers
try to maintain that interoperability.
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedesktop.org That is why you can run a
QT based program (such as K3B) on a GTK based desktop (such as XFCE),
and vice versa.

Perhaps the plan is to add QT support to claws-mail in addition to that
for GTK, so that it will be possible to run claws on KDE without
requiring the GTK libraries. LibreOffice provides both GTK and QT
bindings. Why not claws?

We already have a claws port to Windows, and I suspect that was a more
involved port than from GTK to QT. Line ending issues, for one
thing. Maybe OSX is next?

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV