[Users] claws qt

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue May 30 16:08:24 CEST 2017

Hello Brian,

On Tue, 30 May 2017 14:56:53 +0100 Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 2017 15:26:04 +0200
> Salvatore De Paolis wrote:
>
> > I don't think GNOME is going to provide "support" for QT
>
> I run some Qt applications on GNOME 3.xx, there seems to be appropriate
> libraries in Fedora to do this. I don't know much about the nuts and
> bolts...

There is no major issue in running a Qt app in a GNOME desktop (v2 or
3). Full and tricky integration is done using some simple Qt platform
plugins, support for GTK+3 is present since recent Qt 5.7+ versions (I'd
recommend 5.9 - the next LTS, which is about to be released within 2
days, if you can afford it anything in v5 before 5.9 is a pain in the
ass).

Regards,

--
wwp