[Users] Gmail still driving me crazy

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat May 20 18:57:15 CEST 2017

On Sat, 20 May 2017 17:06:14 +0100
Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org> dijo:

>On Sat, 20 May 2017, at 16:59, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> ... <etc for remaining messages>
>> [07:54:39] POP3> QUIT
>> [07:54:39] POP3< +OK Farewell.
>> [07:55:04] IMAP4> 1731 NOOP
>> [07:55:04] IMAP4< 1731 OK Success
>> ... <continuing NOOP and OK Success lines>
>
>> Note also from the above log snip of this morning's successful
>> message retrieval that, after the Farewell, the log went back to the
>> NOOP / OK Success routine. As I send this at 8:58 am am it is still
>> adding NOOP and OK Success lines to the log.
>
>It seems to me to be odder still that the "IMAP" literal is back in
>the messages.
>
>Is this log file shared between all accounts, or just for this account?

Interestingly, the NOOP / OK Success lines stopped after I sent the
above message just before 9 am.

Yes, the log file is shared. I have four accounts:

	GMX (used for listservs like this one) POP3
	Gmail university account (IMAP4)
	Gmail (the account under discussion here) POP3
	Comcast (being phased out) POP3

The Comcast account is going away because I changed ISPs, replaced by
the GMX account. It is no longer in the Get All list.

The Gmail university account is not set to query the server except when
I click on Get All.