[Users] Problem with resent-from and resent-to fields

Joebug joebug at ouvaton.org
Sat May 20 14:12:02 CEST 2017

Le sam. 20 mai 2017 12:51:14 CEST, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> a
écrit :

> On Sat, 20 May 2017 13:41:43 +0200
> Joebug <joebug at ouvaton.org> wrote:
>
>> I just received a very confusing email since neither the sender nor
>> the receiver were shown correctly.
>>
>> The headers showed that the message was 'resent' (with
>> 'Resent-From' and 'Resent-To' fields I do not remember having seen
>> before holding the correct information) using Apple mail.
>>
>> Claws-Mail (v3.11.1) still using original 'From' and 'To' in message
>> and message list.
>>
>> Please see screenshot if this is not clear
>> https://framadrop.org/r/5fGhKX3ozY#H50cdI1Y39xt3R6B7zHtTGp6Adj5R/ypHJWrTUbnok4=
>>
>> Is there anything I can do about this?
>
> This is entirely normal.
>
> If you want Claws Mail to display the Resent-From and Resent-To
> headers, go to /Configuration/Preferences/Message View/Text Options,
> click the 'Edit' button next to 'Display headers in message view',
> and on the dialogue write in those headers in the 'Header name' field
> at the top, one at a time,  and click the 'Add' button.
>
> Alternately, you can use /View/Show All Headers.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Thank you for the quick answer.

So I can now add the custom headers I want to see in the mail via this
configuration option which is great, but this does not change the
behaviour of the email list which still shows the original sender where
I would prefer to see the name/email of the last person having
're-sent' (which seems to be different from Forwarding - BTW is this
'resending' new? limited to Apple mail?).

I can't see a way of adding a custom column 'Resent-From' column which
would in any case only be partially satisfactory because of the extra
space needed. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Jérôme Séquier