[Users] Problem with resent-from and resent-to fields

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat May 20 13:51:14 CEST 2017

On Sat, 20 May 2017 13:41:43 +0200
Joebug <joebug at ouvaton.org> wrote:

> I just received a very confusing email since neither the sender nor
> the receiver were shown correctly.
>
> The headers showed that the message was 'resent' (with
> 'Resent-From' and 'Resent-To' fields I do not remember having seen
> before holding the correct information) using Apple mail.
>
> Claws-Mail (v3.11.1) still using original 'From' and 'To' in message
> and message list.
>
> Please see screenshot if this is not clear
> https://framadrop.org/r/5fGhKX3ozY#H50cdI1Y39xt3R6B7zHtTGp6Adj5R/ypHJWrTUbnok4=
>
> Is there anything I can do about this?

This is entirely normal.

If you want Claws Mail to display the Resent-From and Resent-To
headers, go to /Configuration/Preferences/Message View/Text Options,
click the 'Edit' button next to 'Display headers in message view',
and on the dialogue write in those headers in the 'Header name' field
at the top, one at a time,  and click the 'Add' button.

Alternately, you can use /View/Show All Headers.

with regards

Paul