[Users] Gmail still driving me crazy

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 20 04:44:10 CEST 2017

On Fri, 19 May 2017 18:12:45 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> Claws Mail 3.11.1 from the repositories on Xubuntu 14.04, up to date.

Running Kubuntu 16.02.1 here

> Why does the log show continuing attempts after the timeout is
> reached?
>
> What does NOOP mean?

From
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18492681/what-is-the-smtp-noop-command-used-for

"The simplest of these commands is NOOP, useful mostly in testing to
avoid timeouts; it does nothing and can generate only a successful
response, with no change in state..."

Have you tried setting up another account on Claws, to access the
GMail. My GMail wouldn't POP3 until I adjusted a setting within GMail.
Something like allowing 'less secure' apps or similar ??

Peter