[Users] Windows build question

Aleks al-clawsmail at none.at
Sat May 6 20:43:50 CEST 2017

Hi Andrej Kacian.

Andrej Kacian have written on Fri, 5 May 2017 10:29:09 +0200:

> On Fri, 5 May 2017 01:22:10 +0200
> Aleks <al-clawsmail at none.at> wrote:
>
> > curl -vLO
> > http://www.claws-mail.org/download.php?file=releases/claws-mail-3.15.0.tar.xz
> > curl -vOL
> > http://www.claws-mail.org/download.php?file=win32/claws-mail-win32-3.15.0-1.tar.bz2
> >
> > tar xfvJ claws-mail-3.15.0.tar.xz
> > tar xfvj claws-mail-win32-3.15.0-1.tar.bz2
> > cd claws-mail-3.15.0/
> > cp -avx ../claws-mail-win32-3.15.0-1/* .
>
> I'm not sure why you're doing what you're doing here. You do not need
> unpacked contents of claws-mail-3.15.0.tar.xz anywhere. Just put that
> file in packages/ directory if you want, so the download.sh script,
> which would download it, doesn't have to.
>
> The tarball is later unpacked as part of the build process.

Thanks for the input. I have not fully discover the build process,
that's the reason why I have done this steps above.

> > cd packages/
> > ./download.sh
> > cd ../
> > curl -vo po/build-cc.in
> > 'http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws-win32-installer.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/build-cc.in;h=27ae24c9143559e0afefc771acec3e29b89b585a;hb=HEAD'
> > curl -vo src/installer-options.ini
> > 'http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws-win32-installer.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/installer-options.ini;hb=HEAD'
> > curl -vo src/installer-setdefaultclient.ini
> > 'http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws-win32-installer.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/installer-setdefaultclient.ini;hb=HEAD'
> >
> > ./autogen.sh --build-w64
> > WAIT LOOONGTIME
> > ###
> >
> > How difficult is it to create a portable zip file?
>
> You can get fairly good portability if you use correct claws-mail.exe
> parameters and some well thought out hand-edits of certain lines in
> config files.

Sorry but I haven't understand what you mean with this statement.

> > Is it allowed, from the license to offer the file
> > claws-mail-3.15.0-1-64bit.exe for download?
>
> As long as you explicitly state that yours is an unofficial build, I
> don't see a problem.

Thanks. I do not plan to populate the build.
I just ask in case when I start to develop and need to offer the build
for testing.

Regards
Aleks