[Users] passwords deleted after downgrade ?

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Fri May 5 22:34:49 CEST 2017

On Fri, 5 May 2017 22:25:19 +0200
mi <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> I'm still on the back restored file. For one account (the most important one), the password asterisks number, in claws configurator, is 50, but that password never was so long - it was less then 20 chars. It's rather obvious that this is not the original password.
>
> What does it mean ? What can i do ?

Look if there is passwordstorerc.bak file, and try to replace
passwordstorerc with it - hopefully it will still have the original
passwords.

You see, when you downgraded to 3.11, started and closed Claws Mail at
least once, it would save new empty passwords "the old way", and after
you upgraded again, the new Claws Mail would move them to
passwordstorerc, overwriting what was there originally.

So the .bak file is your one option. Failing that, any backup of your
own you made. (You *do* back up your home directory regularly, right?
Everyone should.)

Regards,
--
Andrej