[Users] Moving from Mac Mail to Claws - Smart Mailboxes

John Pollard john at pollardweb.com
Mon May 1 14:44:22 CEST 2017

Hi list,

I have had a look at Filtering in Claws, but am unclear if I can achieve the following…

In Mac Mail I use a Smart Mailbox to show me all unread emails (from any of 10 email accounts) and flagged emails. This is often less than 20 emails and are just those I need to work with; I find it a very efficient way to keep on top of emails. A Smart Mailbox is just a view onto a set of messages, it doesn’t involve any messages being moved or duplicated, they still live in their original mailboxes / folders.

It the Mac Mail toolbar, I have a Flag button I can click very quickly when I read an email that is important but I will deal with later, which ensures it doesn’t disappear from my Smart Mailbox until I unflag it.

Is there a way to achieve this workflow, or something close to it in Claws?

Thanks
John