[Users] Please revert "make Go to/[Next|Prev] sort order aware"

Paul Steyn paulsteyn1 at afrihost.co.za
Tue Mar 28 01:28:52 CEST 2017

Just to put my oar in, for what it's worth:

When I think of a "next" button, I think of it as a "next in list"
button, not a "next in sort order" button, and would expect a "next"
button to go down the list and a "previous" button to go up the list.
I don't change sort order often (if at all), but if I had a sort order
where the "next" button went *up* the list, I would find that strange
and undesirable behaviour.

Especially if this suddenly starts happening, and isn't how it's always
worked.

Also, the concept of "next" and "previous" only have inherent meaning to
me in the context of either the list, or the date of the message. "Next"
and "previous" in the context of, say, the "From" field, or the "Size"
field, doesn't really seem logical to me. If I sort by, for example,
size, "next" doesn't inherently mean either the next biggest or the
next smallest, to me it can only sensibly mean the next item in the
list, i.e. the item below the current one.

All are not me, though, so a configuration option for this does make
sense.

Kind regards

Paul Steyn