[Users] How to change language?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Mar 27 04:49:56 CEST 2017

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 00:47:27 +0200, Andrej Kacian wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 00:38:26 +0200 "Erik P. Olsen" wrote:
>
>> I normally run claws-mail in Danish but I sometimes need to run it
>> in English. I thought there might be an option to select language
>> but that's no so. I've also tried to change $LANG to en_GB.utf8 to
>> no avail. Then how do I accomplish running an English claws-mail in
>> a Danish environment?
>
>Setting LANGUAGE=en should do the trick.

I guess

LANG=C claws-mail

should always work.

If I e.g. run

LANG=de_DE claws-mail
LANGUAGE=de claws-mail

I could temporarily chose German, but that requires that I once set up
the locals.

AFAIK "C" works always to get English, even without English locales.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ locale | grep LAN
LANG=en_US.utf8
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ locale -a
de_DE
de_DE at euro