[Users] CM, mint and dictionary

Dick Ruck dick at therucks.me.uk
Mon Mar 20 20:31:08 CET 2017

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:51:10 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

Thanks Ralf.

> How did you configure
>
>   Configuration > Preferences... > Compose > Spell checking
My version goes Configuration > Preferences > Compose > Writing
and the is no spell checking option.

> If you right click on a folder there are additional settings
>
>   Properties > Compose
I can find these folder options:
 RClick > Properties... > Compose which then has no mention of any
 spell checking

> By default enchant depends on aspell and hunspell. I suspect you
> installed the wanted "language" packages, since it's working with
> other software.
> FWIW you e.g. need the packages
>   aspell-en
>   hunspell-en-gb
I just checked:
sudo apt-get install aspell-en
sudo apt-get install hunspell-en-gb
and both reported the latest versions installed.

AAMOI I had reason to build another copy of Mint 18.1 on another box and
I installed CM 3.14.1 on that and spell checking worked without any
problem. This is definitely a local machine issue.

As you may have detected my speeling isn't the best in the world, so it
would be good to solve this!

Regards,

Dick

--