[Users] Archive plugin und usage

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Sat Mar 11 12:30:03 CET 2017

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 11:37:13 +0100
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 09:31:34 +0100
> Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw at ithnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I searched the list archive for this but did not find anything. So:
> > Can I use an archive created with the plugin as kind of a read-only
> > mailfolder with direct access to the articles/files?
> > This question points way back in time when I used XCMail that was able to
> > do just that.
> >
> If you by 'direct access' mean that you should be able to point claws
> to the archive file created by the plugin then the answer is no. But
> since the archive contains a complete folder structure of any folder
> saved you could un-archive the archive file to somewhere else and the
> instruct claws mail to create a new MH-mailbox pointing to this
> temporary folder,

Hello Michael,

you got that right, this was exactly what I meant. It does not really sound
too complicated to me, I would probably as a first step evaluate
"archivemount" which can  - according to docs - mount archives via fuse
(probably as read-only fs). If the archive contained everything needed for a
MH mailbox it should work right away, not?

--
Regards,
Stephan