[Users] Question about templates.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 09:04:32 CEST 2017

On 2017-06-29 at 08:43:17 wwp wrote:

> Hello Erik,
>

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:30:40 +0200 "Erik P. Olsen"
> <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have created a number of templates with standard texts to be
> > inserted where appropriate. It works fine except that I can't
> > position the cursor. It is always placed where the text is inserted
> > but I want to position it elsewhere.
> >
> > Is there a way to accomplish that?
>
> Template insertion can only be done at current cursor position in
> composition window. And this has nothing to do w/ %X: that one means
> where to put the cursor AFTER template insertion).
>
> What other place would you like to insert? Insert at top or bottom?

I'm a little confused. The insertion is OK, I want the cursor inserted
after the inserted text. Of course I've noticed the %cursor(%X)
construct and have tried to use it in the templates but it produced a
new line with the text: ()

Apparently neither %cursor(%X), %cursor, nor %X does the trick :-(

--
Erik