[Users] Reporting bugs (was: Re: not showing html email)

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Jun 19 17:51:16 CEST 2017

On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:04:27 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> > Because writting the report in a text editor while waiting is a so
> > crazy idea...
>
> Yes, since many bug systems present some sort of form that needs to be
> filled in the way they require it, making your tediously written
> report useless.

There is an add-on for Firefox called "It's All Text!". One  thing it
lets you do is edit a text box in your favorite text editor. I use
emacs, e.g.

So if you already have a "tediously written report", you can copy and
paste within the same editor.

All of that report is potentially useful. The more you provide, the
merrier; let the developer separate the wheat from the chaff.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV