[Users] Reporting bugs (was: Re: not showing html email)

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Fri Jun 16 19:30:28 CEST 2017

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:48:26 +0200, Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> > Does a user really have to jump through all these  hoops to report and
> > discuss a bug?
>
> I count one, where are the rest of "hoops" you're talking about?

* visit the page
* choose 'newaccount'
* enter email address
* "A confirmation email has been sent containing a link to continue
  creating an account."
* wait for the mail to arrive
  (At this point I usually continue with other things I need to do, and
  forget about the issue alltogether)
* confirm the link in the mail
* fire up the password manager to create a new password
* enter it twice on the bz page
* save

Now I finally can start entering the issue information.

Note that I'm not complaining about this procedure, but I am not surprised
that some users will not complete all the hoops, shake heads, and walk on.

-- Johan