[Users] PGPInline Plugin Error on multipart mails

Mark Kettner mark.kettner.91 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 23:03:45 CEST 2017

Hi all,

sometimes the decryption of messages with PGPInline fails. This isn't
random, it applies to always the same people. However, they do nothing
weird - execpt using windows. Decryption with gpg2 < message.gpg works.
It issues some informations on stderr, but no error at all. Thunderbird
with enigmail also brags around, but decrypts too. Just claws-mail
displays the undecrypted text. I started claws-mail with --debug to
trace the error and found this:

main.c:898:The name com.google.code.Awn was not provided by
any .service files message/rfc822 (offset:0 length:27472 encoding: 6)
        multipart/mixed (offset:5154 length:22318 encoding: 6)
            application/octet-stream (offset:9479 length:15238
encoding: 0) text/plain (offset:24931 length:2495 encoding: 0)
messageview.c:1397:decrypting message part
pgpinline.c:326:decrypting '-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: OpenPGP totemomail
Comment: totemomail OpenPGP - http://www.totemo.com
Charset: ISO-8859-1

[encrypted content here]
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
'
prefs_gpg.c:590:set GPG_AGENT_INFO=/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.gpg-agent:0:1
sgpgme.c:508:can't decrypt (Decryption failed)

I've looked up the mentioned lines in the sourcecode, however, I am not
that deep into pgp. I could just guess that gpgme (or spgpme) looks for
any data in stderr, even if its just some information, and assumes an
error happened.

Has someone stumbled upon this issue too?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Mark Kettner