[Users] for some reason the sent messages are not filtered

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Jun 6 14:00:37 CEST 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 11:22:39 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:
>În data de Tue, 6 Jun 2017 09:31:02 +0200, Ralf Mardorf a scris:
>
>> Since the OP mentioned that the incoming mails are filtered, at least
>> for replies the appropriate folder would be automatically selected.
>
>I will keep one of the folder unchanged to see if this happens (just
>curious).

Hi,

hopefully you don't misunderstand my comment. You _need_to check

Properties... > Compose >
[x] Save copy of outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent

My intention is just to point out that you are automatically in a
folder when you _reply_ to a message. If you compose a new one, you are
not necessarily in the appropriate folder.

Btw. I suspect the pitfall of processing rules could be, that you can't
move something back to the Sent folder, if for some reason you want to
make an exception for a sent mail, that by processing rules is moved to
another folder, but since I'm not using processing rules, I might be
mistaken.

I'm using
[x] Save copy of outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent
as well as
[x] Put sent message in /path/to/
only, so sometimes I need to move a sent mail manually, OTOH I don't
suffer from possible pitfalls caused by processing rules, assumed there
should be pitfalls. At least it's more work to edit the rules, than to
do nothing.

Regards,
Ralf