[Users] mailto links not on top

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sat Jul 8 01:07:27 CEST 2017

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 14:19:07 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 18:36:19 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, he didn't. I did.

> > Thanks. I've been unable to discover such a setting. Any chance you
> > could give me any hints? Also whilst the compose window opens under
> > other windows when I click a link in Firefox, it opens on top if I
> > use an xdg-email command line to open a compose window. So this
> > seems to be more specific than affecting the entire desktop.
>
> Why not use 'xdg-email' to handle mailto links in firefox? (Maybe you
> are, you haven't said how you've configured firefox. Whatever you've
> done, it's pretty much off-topic here. :)

I haven't configured Firefox at all in this regard, so far as I
remember. In particular, it all used to work as I would expect with the
compose window appearing on top, but now it doesn't but with no changes
on my part so far as I know. So I'm trying to discover why the
behaviour has changed.

So as far as I know, it isn't anything I've done at all but instead is
something that some developer has done somewhere. My problem is which
developer?

As to why I haven't configured firefox to use xdg-email as the mailto
program, the answer is that I haven't configured firefox to use any
program. It's using whatever is the default, which in my case is claws.
And I don't really want to have to use a specific configuration for
something that should work out of the box.

As to why I'm asking here, it's because claws is one piece of the
puzzle. I started by asking on the opensuse list but got no useful
response, so I thought I'd try here. It seems to me there are often
well-informed people on this list.

Cheers, Dave