[Users] crash on Windows 8.1 caused by libcairo-2.dll

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sun Jul 2 13:47:53 CEST 2017

În data de Sun, 2 Jul 2017 12:16:57 +0200, Andrej Kacian a scris:

> I would appreciate it if you could try to get a gdb backtrace with the
> 32-bit build and the two provided debug files, perhaps the backtrace
> will be something real then.

Well, bad luck (so to say): I "installed" the 32bit version in
Program Files (x86) (i.e. just unpacked there the package, no true
install), run it, but this one worked well and didn't crash (or I was
not able to crash it). Therefore, at least at first glance, it seems to
be a 64bit-only trouble.

I tried with the package named beta 2 and also by replacing the two
individual special build files.

Other thing -- assuming I want to debug the 32bit version (just in
case), I don't know where to get the 32bit gdb version, since the
previously indicated place is a 64bit place only. I already have the
MinGW package installed (done sometimes in the past), cannot remember
which version, but it is not of much help either: running its gdb with
Claws Mail 64bit says claws-mail.exe is not an executable (so it might
be a 32bit MinGW), but running that gdb with Clasw Mail 32bit nothing
happens, i.e. it does not launch anything. Perhaps a different syntax is
required ?

> After one such crash, could you look in file claws-win32.log in your
> TMPDIR, to see if there are any failed assertion warnings? There could
> be something relevant there.

Nothing useful, I suppose: the log is almost empty, such as
C:\Users\secarica\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\clawsrc:
or the same but added the last (?) selected folder before crash, such as
C:\Users\secarica\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\clawsrc: selecting folder
'#mh/liste/inbox\claws'

> [...] this bug is really bugging me - especially when I can not
> reproduce it myself. :)

Probably Windows 8+etc. is required ? This problem never occurred in
Windows 7 (also 64bit, same hardware system).

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secărică.ro