[Users] archives as multiple files

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Mon Jan 30 07:11:07 CET 2017

Hello Michael,

Sunday, January 29, 2017, 2:47:48 PM, Michael wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:22:27 -0800
> rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

>>Sunday, January 29, 2017, 9:03:14 AM, Michael wrote:

>>> It seems that this is what you want as no plugin can decide which
>>> individual file needs to be archived.
>>
>>I was not expecting the plugin to select files, but instead to give me
>>the option to select the files and then archive the files I selected.
>>The current plugin does not let me do that. If it did AND offered to
>>NOT reformat the files, it could do what I want.
>>
>>> This can be automated to whatever you are able. Just as you stated
>>> you will move the individual mails to a designated folder, use the
>>> file system to copy those to your archive area, empty the folder in
>>> Claws.
>>
>>> I think this should run just fine with Claws running. The initial
>>> move to the archive staging folder can be accomplished by setting a
>>> specific tag to the message and using a post-processing rule to move
>>> anything with that tag.
>>
>>If I halt Claws, move the files to a different non-Claws directory,
>>then restart Claws, will Claws recognize that all the files are not
>>there and reindex the files it finds or will that foul up the way
>>Claws tracks each email message? If it can, this is MUCH easier.
>>

> Let me restate.

> Define a tag and use it to mark the mail to be archived.

Use of a tag is a good idea - thanks. Can I set up a **single**
keyboard shortcut to apply THIS tag to any number of selected emails?

Since I got no comments re just moving the files independent of Claws,
I decided to try it. It seems that Claws CAN recover, reindex and
properly display the remaining files after Claws is restarted after
the move, and the folder is selected. So - it seems the easier way
works too. Can anyone confirm that this should work reliably OR that
I was just lucky in my tests?

--

 rikona