[Users] archives as multiple files

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sun Jan 29 22:22:27 CET 2017

Sunday, January 29, 2017, 9:03:14 AM, Michael wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:39:52 -0800
> rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

>>So, back to my preferred option - is there a way to simply move a
>>number of the stored files to a different non-Claws directory without
>>fouling up the way Claws tracks each email message?
>>
>>An alternate possibility is to create an 'archive' folder in Claws,
>>move the emails there, in Claws, then copy the emails out of that
>>file [with Claws not running?], then delete the files in the archive
>>folder. Sounds OK, but lots more work than just a simple move, which
>>I'd prefer.

> It seems that this is what you want as no plugin can decide which
> individual file needs to be archived.

I was not expecting the plugin to select files, but instead to give me
the option to select the files and then archive the files I selected.
The current plugin does not let me do that. If it did AND offered to
NOT reformat the files, it could do what I want.

> This can be automated to whatever you are able. Just as you stated
> you will move the individual mails to a designated folder, use the
> file system to copy those to your archive area, empty the folder in
> Claws.

> I think this should run just fine with Claws running. The initial
> move to the archive staging folder can be accomplished by setting a
> specific tag to the message and using a post-processing rule to move
> anything with that tag.

If I halt Claws, move the files to a different non-Claws directory,
then restart Claws, will Claws recognize that all the files are not
there and reindex the files it finds or will that foul up the way
Claws tracks each email message? If it can, this is MUCH easier.

Thanks for your reply.

--

 rikona