[Users] New install claws-mail

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jan 16 19:31:16 CET 2017

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 15:30:27 +1100
Liz <edodd55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I imported the mail from kmail with a perl script from the website.
>
> Now he is busy making all his required filters.
>
> Liz

I tried a perl script when I converted from Kmail to Claws 5 years ago,
but the script made a bunch of huge files unreadable by any import.
What I finally did is IMAP copied all my folders to a different tree,
then from Claws made an account that got its folders from that
different tree. From there, you can copy to a local tree.

If you don't want your business on gmail, you can install Dovecot
locally and do it that way. The local Dovecot route is also MUCH faster.

I liked my Dovecot local IMAP server so much that it still holds all my
email, and I use Claws just as a window into my IMAP server.

SteveT