[Users] New install claws-mail

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:30:27 CET 2017

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 21:13:17 -0700
Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:58:38 +1100
> Liz <edodd55 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > at first there wasn't even a ~/claws-mail/certs/ directory, so I
> > created one.
> > Still I get segmentation fault.
>
> You want ~/.claws-mail/certs/ Note the leading period ("dot").
>            ^

typo. ;)

> But doesn't Claws create all the directories it needs on first run for
> a user?
Not on this occasion - but this turned out to be 3.11.1 when it started.

> > Now... Can I copy the relevant certificates from another
> > ~/claws-mail/certs/ directory??
>
> Try it and see.

I did, and I still didn't win, but after that I let the first start
interactive feature create the account it wanted to make, which was of
fantasy origins, but then the first start dialogue was happy...
I deleted the fantasy account, and claws-mail happily connected to the
local mail server.

I imported the mail from kmail with a perl script from the website.

Now he is busy making all his required filters.

Liz