[Users] New install claws-mail

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 02:58:38 CET 2017

This is a new install of claws-mail for my significant other.
He has used KDE for years and Kmail with Akonadi appears to be totally
broken on his newly setup computer.

So I thought that claws-mail should be the way to go.

I can't get it to get past the start screen (for new user)
The actual claws-mail version is probably what is in Debian Jessie.

Running claws-mail --debug shows the problem relates to mail server
certificate

(this is my mail server)

** Message: Account 'XXXXX at mail.XXXXX.net': Connecting to IMAP4
server: mail.XXXXX.net:993...

imap-thread.c:393:found imap 0x2c59ab0
[12:50:19] IMAP4< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR
LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
imap-thread.c:409:generic_cb ssl_certificate.c:260:got 173 certs in
crt_list! 0x7ffd37e35358 ssl_certificate.c:429:didn't
get /home/bigbaddad/.claws-mail/certs/mail.XXXXX.net.993.cert
Segmentation fault

at first there wasn't even a ~/claws-mail/certs/ directory, so I
created one.
Still I get segmentation fault.

Now... Can I copy the relevant certificates from another
~/claws-mail/certs/ directory??

Liz