[Users] Unintended addresses

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Jan 5 16:19:11 CET 2017

Hello Abrolag,

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 15:03:46 +0000 Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 23:24:27 +0100
> Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 21:29:21 +0000
> > Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >
> > > It is when *inadvertently* replying to a mailing list. Such a check would also
> > > be useful when replying on a newsgroup (I still post to a few).
> >
> > How about just looking at list of addressees before hitting send? You
> > can make it taller to show more of them at one time, if it helps you.
> >
> > Claws Mail can't read your mind (yet), it doesn't know which of your
> > actions are inadverdent and which are not.
>
> What a totally useless snide comment.
> It says a lot about you and nothing at all about me.

I don't think Andrej commented w/ a nasty intention :-). On the other
side, when I was suggesting the possibility to change some habit, I was
emitting the possibility that you're doing something perfectible in
your workflow. You, me (oh yes, me), we all do perfectible things and
resist, as it's hard to educate ourselves, or at least adapt a bit to
change something. First because we don't even know/realize we have to,
then because as you said it yourself, we (all?) have "a lot of almost
unbreakable muscle-memory type habits". To change these, we first have
to admit that we have to, and then agree that the software is right.
Surely, don't adapt to a software that does things wrong! If you think
Claws Mail is doing things right or wrong, feel free to tell us your
opinion (the risk is an opinion clash, we're used to this, aren't we?).
The good risk is for we - user - to improve our workflow, and for the
software to big fixed or enhanced.

So, what's next on this topic? Do you think you would have to change
something in your habits? I'm not sure there's a massive willing in
implementing a warning when sending to more than N recipients here. Any
thought?

Regards,

--
wwp