[Users] linux: cron/at based fetch

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Jan 3 11:09:54 CET 2017

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 09:22:17 +0100
"Andrzej A. Filip" <andrzej.filip at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use claws-mail for cron/at scheduled fetches?
> "claws-mail --receive" executed by "at" produced "cannot open display" error.

Have you tried crontab ?  I have in my crontab a line:

	30 * * * * /usr/bin/claws-mail --send

to flush once an hour any queued mail that failed to send, due to Claws being already busy sending.

Works quite well, so claws-mail --receive should work too.

Of course I have claws-mail open on the desktop at the time.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                Aliquid melius quam pessimum optimum non est.