[Users] Processing rule "watch thread" doesn't mark the whole thread as watched

Bjoern Schiessle bjoern at schiessle.org
Sun Feb 26 01:02:03 CET 2017

Hi all,

I'm running Claws Mail 3.14.1 and I'm trying to set up some processing
rules to handle my GitHub notifications.

What I want to achieve:

- If I was mentioned (mail body contains @schiessle) the mail should be
  stayed unread, marked green and the thread should be marked as watched
- All other mails should be marked as read, expect if it is a mail in a
  thread I was mentioned before (the thread is watched).

This are the two rules I created:

enabled rulename "" body_part matchcase "@schiessle" color 6 watch
enabled rulename "" ~body_part matchcase "@schiessle" & ~watch_thread
mark_as_read

Follow-up mails in a thread I was already mentioned are still marked as
read. While looking at my mails I assume that this happens because the
first rule doesn't mark the whole thread as marked but only the mail
which matches the defined conditions.

If I use the context menu, to mark a thread as watched all mails in the
thread are marked accordingly. For some reasons while running this
processing rules "mark thread as watched" seems to work differently.
Any ideas why? Is something wrong with my processing rules? Bug?

Thanks!
Björn

--
Björn Schießle <bjoern at schiessle.org>