[Users] Claws Mail 3.15.1 and Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Aug 31 09:52:12 CEST 2017

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:35:10 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 09:27:22 -0300, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
>>Is there a PPA or something that would make this version compatible
>>with Ubuntu 16.04LTS? I tried to install the deb and ended with a long
>>list of incompatibilities.

I forgot to mention that for you the claws runtime dependencies were
likely installed automatically, when you installed claws, so the
package management might recommend to remove those dependencies, but
they are also needed for the claws-mail-git package, so consider to do
the following before doing anything else.

sudo apt autoremove                                # to remove all unneeded packages
sudo apt remove claws-mail [and the snipped list]  # then
sudo apt autoremove --dry-run                      # copy  the list of packages
sudo apt-mark manual [list of packages]            # paste the list of packages