[Users] How to avoid checking for new messages when changing directory?

Mario Castelán Castro marioxcc.MT at yandex.com
Fri Aug 18 20:34:24 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-18 17:37 +0100 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:02:47 -0500
>Mario Castelán Castro <marioxcc.MT at yandex.com> wrote:
>> When I click a directory in the left frame in Claws Mail, apparently
>> it tries to download new messages. How can I disable this behavior?
>
>No, it checks the server but does not download all the messages.
>This is IMAP, try toggling to offline mode.

So does it only check for new message headers? Does the IMAP specification
mandate this behavior from the e-mail client?

I only want to disable the automatic check for new message (whether it is
downloading or whatever else Claw does) every time I change directory,
because it makes Claw very unresponsive. If I use the offline mode, then I
can not even download messages using the “Get Mail” button, and this is an
undesired restriction worse than the original problem.

Thanks.