[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Apr 28 18:14:59 CEST 2017

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:46:33 +1000, Peter Richards
<peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 06:39:10 -0400
> Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:22:33 +1000
> > Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >
> > > It was SO nice to completely uninstall KMail and anything at all
> > > that had the name 'akonadi' in it.  lol
> >
> > And all the rest of the K bloatware...
>
> Yes, I don't use any of the other 'PIM' packages, and I think the only
> other "K" package is KMyMoney, so I'm now asking myself, ..do I really
> need Kubuntu, and should I just swap back to Ubuntu.  lol
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

If you're going to use any Buntu at all, I'd like to recommend Lubuntu,
which is Ubuntu using the LXDE GOSFUI (a GOSFUI is a user interface
that is either a window manager or a desktop environment). LXDE is very
lightweight, and my experience with a couple years of Lubuntu use under
my belt is it's like adding more RAM and speeding up your processor.

And, as always, I recommend to every touch-typist that whatever GOSFUI
you're using, you install dmenu and hotkey it in to your GOSFUI. Your
productivity will skyrocket.

SteveT