[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Apr 28 18:11:00 CEST 2017

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 06:39:10 -0400, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
<renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:22:33 +1000
> Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> > It was SO nice to completely uninstall KMail and anything at all
> > that had the name 'akonadi' in it.  lol
>
> And all the rest of the K bloatware...
>
> Cheers,

I hear you Ron!

In 2012, several months after getting rid of Kmail2, I finally got rid
of K3B, an excellent DVD burner that suffers from being a KDE program.
It was my last KDE program. I removed all KDE libraries and made a
policy that I would never again install any KDE program, because with
KDE, in for a penny, in for a pound.

In the ensuing years, my computer has been much more stable.

SteveT