[Users] integrating Claws with Emacs' org-mode

Gour gour at atmarama.com
Wed Apr 26 20:47:35 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am considering if there is a way to integrate Claws-mail with Emacs'
org-mode in a way described here:

https://superuser.com/questions/71786/can-i-create-a-link-to-a-specific-email-message-in-outlook

iow. I'd like to be able to create external hyperlinks in my org-mode
files pointing the the mail/news messages in Claws, so that when I
create external link to some Claws' mail/news message I can click on
it within Emacs and then see selected message in Claws' GUI.

After asking about in in #claws I got several responses (thank you
all!) and tried with the following:

claws-mail --select '#imap/gour/INBOX/10254'

and, voila, Claws did select the correct message. :-)

Now I'd like to get some hint how could I automate creating correct
external link to mail/news messages within org-mode file, iow. is it
just the question of crearing some Emacs macro to do it by supplying
value for 'Number' column within Claws and/or do you recommend
something else?

Here is some docs about creating new external link types in org-mode:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-hyperlink-types.html#Adding-hyperlink-types

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The intricacies of action are very hard to understand.
Therefore one should know properly what action is,