[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 26 01:53:01 CEST 2017

Hi Tristan,

On Monday, 24 April 2017 9:45:07 PM AEST Tristan Miller wrote:
> In KMail2, as in KMail, my mail was stored in maildir folders, so the
> easiest migration path to Claws Mail was to set up a local IMAP server
> -- Dovecot -- and copy over my maildir folders.  I then set up an IMAP
> account in Claws Mail pointing at the local IMAP server.

Quite a number of people on this list have suggested a Dovecot server. I
notice the server on our website is Dovecot. I'm not sure I want to go through
the learning curve there though to set one up locally.

The 'mess' that has resulted from akonadi makes that db not equal to what I
see on the file system at present. Trying to hunt for tools to look at the
MySQL db in a sensible view. By that I mean to export all emails from akonadi
in a structured layout, the same as the KMail folder heirarchy.

Then to use Beyond compare to see what is missing, extra,etc, from what is
sitting on the file system.

Regards,

Peter