[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 25 02:29:07 CEST 2017

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, and sharing your story. Thanks to all the other
people who replied. It is very overcast here, and I dont even have
enough power to run/recharge a laptop,  lol

I'll reply in more detail,once the weather improves. Am definitely
serious about making the shift from KMail, especially akonadi.

Need to know some basic akonadi commands to get into the db and extract
everything, Hopefully in the same folder heirarcy as the Kmail folder
heirarchy. My apologies if someone has already done so, in the other
messages.

Someone may already have supplied some tips there, but only 200 watts
coming in off the panels, so have to turn the laptop off.  lol

Regards,

Peter

PS  Steve - some of those products you mentioned remended me of the
days with Pegasus mail, and the tools we used with it. Some name like
uucp I think ??

 On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 03:22:29 -0400 Steve
Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:40:25 +1000, Peter
> <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Using Mail on Kubuntu 16.04.1 and there are LOTS of problems. Has
> > anyone on this list changed over from KMail please ?  I have looked
  .. snip ...