[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Apr 25 00:48:34 CEST 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:04:43 -0700
Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:

> > Using Mail on Kubuntu 16.04.1 and there are LOTS of problems. Has
> > anyone on this list changed over from KMail please ?  I have looked
> > here and there regards docs about this, but doesn't seem
> > comprehensive. Or I looked in the wrong places, .. lol

> well my experiences parallel yours. I loved kmail when it was first
> released, got stuck in KM2 from an upgrade and had to divert my
> attention into akonadi maintenance when I would rather have had a simple
> mail client. Claws fits me just so, a nice simple predictable pop
> client, all I want really.

Similar for me: was very pleased to find Kmail when I switched from Windows to Mandrake Linux in the late nineties, as it was very similar then to Eudora I had run under Win95.

Later, as KDE became more and more bloated, it was only Kmail that kept me from moving to something lighter, which I finally did five years ago, and started using Claws-Mail.

Wonder how many of us here are old Eudora users...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                        You can't fall off the floor.