[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Tue Apr 25 00:04:43 CEST 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:45:07 +0200
Tristan Miller <psychonaut at nothingisreal.com> wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:40:25 +1000, Peter
> <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Using Mail on Kubuntu 16.04.1 and there are LOTS of problems. Has
> > anyone on this list changed over from KMail please ?  I have looked
> > here and there regards docs about this, but doesn't seem
> > comprehensive. Or I looked in the wrong places, .. lol

well my experiences parallel yours. I loved kmail when it was first
released, got stuck in KM2 from an upgrade and had to divert my
attention into akonadi maintenance when I would rather have had a simple
mail client. Claws fits me just so, a nice simple predictable pop
client, all I want really.

Dave

--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are

----- Ursula Le Guin