[Users] 3.15.0 Package for Ubuntu?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Apr 16 20:26:57 CEST 2017

On Sun, 2017-04-16 at 14:02 -0400, David Burleigh wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Ubuntu package for version 3.15.0?

Hi,

you could build the package on your own. It shouldn't require to build
any dependencies, it at least isn't necessary when running Ubuntu
16.04.2 LTS.

I removed all claws-mail related packages from official Ubuntu
repositories, but kept all dependencies and also installed all make
dependencies, IOW you need to install required dev packages.

I'm usually building the latest commit from git, but you could checkout
3.15.0 from git as described below. IIRC you also could use a tag
instead of the commit a2ef596.

git clone git://git.claws-mail.org/claws.git

cd claws/

git checkout a2ef596

./autogen.sh

./configure --build=$(uname -m)-ubuntu-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --disable-jpilot --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-manual --disable-static --enable-bogofilter-plugin --enable-crash-dialog --enable-enchant --enable-gnutls --enable-ldap --enable-pgpmime-plugin --enable-silent-rules --enable-spamassassin-plugin

make

sudo checkinstall

Checkinstall offers a menu, I only edit it a little bit:

0 -  Maintainer: [ Foo <foo at bar.com> ]
1 -  Summary: [ A GTK+ based e-mail client - git checkout ]
2 -  Name:    [ claws-mail-git ]
3 -  Version: [ 3.15.0 ]
4 -  Release: [ 1 ]
5 -  License: [ GPL3 ]