[Users] reply to list

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Sep 21 00:37:31 CEST 2016

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 23:20:47 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
>Using the Reply button has the same effect as using the [Reply-to-]List
>button. That is it replies to BOTH the list and the OP on the opensuse
>list. That is not what I want as I thought I explained in my post.

As already pointed out, Claws does reply to the mailing list only.
Exceptions are related to the pros and cons I didn't explain in details.
If you push "Reply" to reply to my mail, then your reply will only go
to the mailing list, you will not send a mail to me, too. If this
shouldn't work, then something is fishy by your Claws settings. If it
should work, then everything is as expected and that it doesn't work for
replies to some other mails, is related to the headers of those original
mails, but then again, neither Evolution nor Claws full-fill each
wanted behaviour, they simply focus on different behaviours, that have
both advantages and disadvantages, e.g. if the default should be that
the reply should only go to the list, but in some situations a coder
wants a direct reply or for an open mailing list somebody who isn't
subscribe wants a direct reply. There is not a singly behaviour right or
wrong.

Push "Reply" to reply to this mail and you'll see, that it works.

Regards,
Ralf