[Users] Spamassassin and new emails

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Wed Sep 14 16:52:35 CEST 2016

Hi

For reasons I cannot explain, from time to time, CM looses all counts *and
emails* of random mailboxes and starts to scan/sincronize them from scratch.
INBOX mainly. This scan seems to be a tree pass operation.

This is very annoying. But the most annoying thing is that CM tells
spamassassin to scan the whole box.

Q. What do I do to circumvent this when it happens?
A. I put CM in offline mode. CM stops scanning in a few seconds (timeout?).
I then click in another mailbox (MH for instance) then back at faulty box. Wait
for the tree passes (which are vary fast) and switch CM to online again. The
counts are back and all emails are also back to the list.

How to tell CM+spamassassin not to scan the already read (INBOX) emails, just
the new ones?

This will not fix the problem (which is not new), but at least I will not have
to wait many dozens of minutes to task completion and skip all the juggling
described above.

CM is 3.13.2 (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)

Cheers

Ethy