[Users] Error extracting 3.14.0

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Sep 4 08:42:09 CEST 2016

On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 20:52:53 -0700, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
>I got errors like that when my drive ran out of space. There was
>nothing referring to lack of space, just errors trying to extract a
>file.

Hi,

on a hard disk drive partition there might be enough space, but
assuming that /tmp is a tmpfs and the OP downloaded to /tmp, the
default value of half of the available RAM perhaps was completely used.

Checking available space could be done by running

  df -h

If it should be wanted to assigned more RAM to tmpfs, it could
be done by an /etc/fstab entry

  tmpfs          /tmp        tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=3G     0 0

The value "3" is just an example and should be replaced by any other
value. I don't know if

  mount -a

does the job or if it requires to reboot.

However, the OP neither posted the commands that were used to download
the files, nor mentioned from where the OP tried to download, we only
saw a few snippets of output.

Regards,
Ralf