[Users] Cancel startup from password dialog

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Oct 21 14:20:52 CEST 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 01:36:33PM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 13:08:33 +0200
> wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > And if you have no networkmanager helper, you could run a script
> > periodically (crontab) that detects if network is up or down, and runs
> > `claws-mail --online` or `claws-mail --offline`.
>
> We're getting off-track.
>
> My original question was to prevent claws from continuing startup when
> accidentally hitting the associated hot key.

I think it was already clear the problem was not really stopping the
startup (since it's already finished when master passphrase is asked as
Andrej explained ) but the network operations that followed...

Anyway, another idea to protect yourself from unwanted keystrokes: put
your a simple yes/no dialog wrapper¹ around your call to claws-mail, so
you have to confirm the launch :-)

regards,

¹ http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/sec-Dialogs.html
--