[Users] mangling URL?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Tue Oct 18 23:56:43 CEST 2016

I get mails from my local planning authority that include links to
particular planning applications. When I click on those links, the
result in Firefox is broken (rewritten). Is it claws or firefox doing
this?

The mails are of type

The part of the URL that gets broken is the query parameters:

...?caseType=Application&keyVal=...

in the message source and in claw's display becomes

...?caseType=Application\\&keyVal=...

in Firefox's URL bar.

Any ideas as to what's going on and how to fix it?

(and yes, I know they should be sending a text part as well and I
appreciate claws is doing me a favour by showing anything at all.)

Cheers, Dave

PS  I'd rather not post the whole message but will send it privately if
requested.