[Users] How can I always show the CC field in message view?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Tue Oct 18 20:42:45 CEST 2016

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:03:37 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:45:54 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> >Configuration menu, Preferences -> Message View.
>
> The OP seemingly wants to get it in the pane above the message view,
> too. I disabled the pane, however, other users might find it good to
> view the pane, since it's always visible, even when scrolling through
> a message, when the headers shown on top could hide.

Agreed. To me personally, having the headers distinguished from the
message body by a different background colour etc is useful. Repeating
headers in the 'grey' and the 'white' area serves no purpose at all.
Having the [most interesting] headers visible at all times is something
I find useful.

Personally I would like to see From, To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Date in the
grey area. I'm generally not interested in Sender and X-Mailer so would
hide those behind a button or else use View Message Source (or whatever
claws calls it) to look at them.

Cheers, Dave

> Regards,
> Ralf

PS why doesn't claws snip it's own footer in replies?