[Users] Browse Folder Window's Typing-Triggered Search Ignores First Key Entry

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:04:12 CEST 2016

Problem Example: I use 'Ctrl+O' (to move message to a folder) or
'G' (to go to a folder). In the browse folder window that comes up I
type something like 'inb' for the 'Inbox' folder, but only 'nb' shows
up. (I think the one time when I typed it fast enough, it may have
ignored the first two letters, but I don't think it's strictly a timing
thing, since even when I waited for a bit, it would still ignore the
first letter.) The consistently successful workaround that I'm using is
to just type the initial character twice, once to 'wake up' the feature
and then once for the actual search.

Environment: Toshiba Netbook NB-305, Lubuntu 14.04, Claws 3.14.0 (built
from tarball)

I did not experience this with the same version of Claws running on
Ubuntu 14.04 (with 'GNOME Flashback (Metacity)' desktop environment
[DE]) on two separate desktop PCs. So I'm wondering whether this problem
is associated with the LXDE DE? Or perhaps with the different hardware?
For that reason, I'm also not sure whether this would qualify as a bug
or not, but perhaps there is something that could be done on the Claws
side to make this work as it's supposed to on this and similar systems.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!