[Users] Unwanted signature padding

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Sun Oct 9 17:51:20 CEST 2016

Greetings.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 17:21:08 +0200, Ricardo Mones
> > One of these annoyances is the placement of signatures.  I have
> > Claws Mail configured (via Configuration -> Edit Accounts… -> Edit
> > -> Account -> Compose -> Signature) to automatically insert my
> > signature from a file.  I find that, in the Compose window, Claws
> > Mail automatically inserts three newlines before the signature.  Is
> > this a bug or a feature?  If it's a feature, what purpose is it
> > supposed to serve, and is there any way I can disable it?
>
> I never seen that, so I suspect is a problem on your side. Check that:
>
>  • your signature file doesn't have 3 newlines at the beginning
>  • your templates don't have extra newlines (Configuration menu,
>    Preferences option, Compose/Templates panel)
>  • you're not using folder templates and they also doesn't have extra
>    lines (right click on folder you're composing from, Properties
> option, Templates panel).

None of these conditions hold.  My signature file doesn't have any
newlines at the beginning.  I am not using any compose template, and my
reply template does not have any trailing newlines.  I am not using any
folder templates.

On further experimentation, I think Claws Mail is probably just adding
two newlines' worth of padding.  The third newline is added after the
signature separator (which is blank for me, since my signature file
already includes the standard separator).

Regards,
Tristan

--
                  Tristan Miller